The mighty Land Rover is a firm favourite of many car enthusiasts, with a practical design that is perfect for hard working farmers, as well as a great way to spend days off exploring the countryside.
One of the leading automotive manufacturers in the world, the Land Rover has a long history in British life, through many designs that mean anyone can become a proud owner for either work or leisure.
You can’t help but love this iconic British vehicle!
- The first Land Rover prototype had its steering wheel in the middle, leaving room for a passenger to sit either side of the driver.
- The Land Rover has been a popular feature in many Hollywood movies, such as The Italian Job, Shaun Of The Dead and Tomb Raider.
- Land Rover is one of only a few auto-makers to hold all three Royal Warrants, as a trusted supplier to the royal family.
- The first Land Rover was manufactured in 1948.
- The original series 1 Land Rover was imagined by brothers Maurice and Spencer Wilks, having been inspired by Willys Jeep from World War 2.
- The Land Rover company also invented the first original Monster Truck.
- In 1970 Land Rover branched out to create a new vehicle, the Range Rover.
- Land Rover’s counterpart the Range Rover is the only vehicle to ever have been displayed in the famous Louvre gallery in Paris, considered to be a masterpiece of industrial design.
- The Land Rover SUV is considered to be the most trusted vehicle for militaries around the world.
Browse our website for a wide range of Land Rover gifts that will make someone very happy!